News and EventsKeeping up with the Finance Department means staying abreast of our faculty and students--undergraduate, master's and doctoral.
- Congratulations to Eric Kelley on his tenure and promotion to Associate Professor.
April 30, 2013
- Dr. Lubo Litov receives the Don Wells Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award.
April 22, 2013
- The 2012 Eller College Kalt prize for top doctoral placement awarded to Dr. Sandy Klasa for his mentorship of Dr. Laura Cardella.
April 19, 2013
- Dr. Lubo Litov selected as the 2013 Cramer Faculty Scholarhips Award recipient for ethics.
April 18, 2013
- Dr. Eric Kelley receives Eller Dean's Award for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence for his work with the core finance and lab course.
April 17, 2013
- New Summer Finance Certificate Program announced for (non-Finance) Eller College undergraduate majors. Apply by April 19.
April 8, 2013
- Finance associate professor Sandy Klasa named co-holder of Anheuser-Busch Chair in Entrepreneurship Studies.
April 4, 2013
- SFS/RFS Distinguished Referee Award recognizes Dr. Sandy Klasa.
March 31, 2013
- Spring 2013 Senior Award recipients announced:
- Dr. Kathy Kahle cited in NY Times article about corporations and stashed foreign cash.
March 24, 2013
- "Lawyers and Fools: Lawyer-Directors in Publication Corporations," by Dr. Lubo Litov and Simone Sepe accepted by Georgetown Law Journal (a top five law journal).
March 22, 2013
- Dr. Lubo Litov's paper regarding lawyers serving on Board of Directors was the focus of Financial Times and Thompson-Reuters articles.
March 6, 2013
- Dr. Kathy Kahle cited in NY Times article about corporate cash hoarding.
February 12, 2013
- Matthew Serfling awarded the Best Paper in Corporate Finance at the Midwest Finance Association meetings.
January 17, 2012
- Panelists for Spring 2013 Career Immersion Day announced.
January 10, 2013
- Brand new Summer Finance Minor Program announced to start in 2013. Apply by March 8.
December 4, 2012
- "Access to capital, investment, and the financial crisis" paper by Dr. Kathy Kahle accepted by the Journal of Financial Economics.
November 13, 2012
- Travis Box awarded outstanding Ph.D. paper for the Southern Finance Association meetings.
Huacheng Zhang awarded top Ph.D. paper for the Southern Finance Association meetings.
October 26, 2012
- Kaitlin Zemitis is recipient of the Finance Department Outstanding Senior Award for Fall 2012.
October 26, 2012
- Dr. Iva Kalcheva awarded the Best Paper Award in Market Microstructure (sponsored by NASDAQ) at the 2012 FMA meeting.
October 2, 2012
- Dr. Lubo Litov’s working paper on corporate strategy and M&A presented to the Strategic Management Society was selected as one of the ten finalists for the annual Best Conference Paper prize.
September 18, 2012
- The University of Arizona finance degree programs welcomed into CFA Institute University Recognition Program.
August 16, 2012
Current Newsletter and Archives
For more information, please contact us.