MBA Finance Courses
The department has an extensive offering of courses in the finance tracks. All master’s-level finance courses are scheduled to avoid conflicts, giving students the opportunity to select from among all of the 500-level finance courses offered.
Specific course descriptions are available to aid you in your planning. To review the course descriptions, please visit MBA Finance Course Descriptions.
Blocked Course Registration
Students interested in enrolling in the following courses will need to contact the department for approval.
- FIN 513 (Spring semester only). Contact Kay Ross, Director, Graduate Programs.
- FIN 518. Contact Kay Ross, Director, Graduate Programs.
- FIN 521. Contact Kay Ross, Director, Graduate Programs.
- FIN523A/B. Contact Professor Arvind Singh and provide your current resume.
For details on the courses available, please scroll down or link below:
- First Year Course Offerings
- Second Year Course Offerings
Required courses for MBA students concentrating in Finance are offered Fall and Spring semesters. Select elective courses are offered during Fall and Spring. A normal offering of classes is provided below.
First Year MBAs
- FIN 510A. Survey of Finance (2 units)
- FIN 510B. Survey of Finance (2 units; Part A)
FIN 513. Valuation Modeling
(Elective. Available to First-Year MBA students.)
Second Year MBAs
MBA Track Requirements and Electives
- FIN 512. Advanced Corporate Finance
- FIN 513. Valuation Modeling
- FIN 515. Venture Capital
- FIN 516. Financial Statement Analysis for Investment Management
- FIN 518. Investment Banking
- FIN 521. Investment Analysis
- FIN 522. Advanced Risk Management and Derivatives
- FIN 523A*. Applied Portfolio Management
- FIN 536. Entrepreneurial Finance
- FIN 542. Fixed Income
- ACCT 554. Accounting Analysis/Financial Statements
- FIN 514. International Finance
- FIN 523B*. Applied Portfolio Management
- FIN 524. Applied Risk Management
- FIN 525. Empirical Finance Methods
- FIN 526. Portfolio Management Theory
- FIN 532. Corporate Finance Strategy
- FIN 544. Interest Rate Models
- FIN 545. Credit Risk Modeling
- FIN 560. Real Property
All courses are three units.
Course offerings are subject to change.
*Students accepted to FIN523A make a one-year commitment and also complete FIN523B in the Spring semester.
For additional information, please contact us.