New Account and Computer Setup
Getting a new University Computer Account
You can setup your UA NetID (for accessing a variety of university services) by clicking here.
After you setup your NetID, then you can activate your email account at http://account.arizona.edu.
Learn about setting up other university accounts at the following sites:
Getting your Eller College Accounts Setup
Eller College Unix Computing Accounts and Information
Eller College Wireless Network Information
Eller College Quick Reference Cards (handy information)
Getting Your Computer Added to the Eller College Network
If you recently purchased a new computer, or have brought a computer (or laptop) from home to use in the finance department, you should be able to access internet and email by simply plugging your computer in to the network (via ethernet cable).
If you will be using your computer in the office frequently or permanently, however, and you want to access Eller college network drives and other resources such as the departmental network printer, you will need to have your computer added to the Eller College Active Directory.
The official process for a computer to be added to the active directory along with more information can be found on the Eller IT website at: http://it.eller.arizona.edu/policies/ADAccount_Policy.aspx.
It is often possible, however, to request addition of your computer to the Eller active directory by simply sending an email request to Eller IT Support. If you decide to send an email request, be sure to include:
- Your first and last name
- Your exact location in the finance department
- In the subject line, put "Active Directory Addition"
- The exact name of your computer (How can this be found? Right click on "My Computer">>properties>>Computer Name tab>>and look at value next to "Full Computer Name")
- Your relation to the Finance Department
- Request that a person from Eller IT assist you in adding your computer to the active directory.