Plan of Study
Here are a few hints on completing the Doctoral Plan of Study:
- Submit to Professor Rick Sias, Department Head and Professor Kathy Kahle, Ph.D. Faculty Advisor, no later than the third semester of your program.
- The degree will be listed as PhD - Management.
- The list of courses must include both the course number and the course name, as these change over time. You may find it easiest to copy your coursework from your SAPR on StudentLink. Only courses specifically taken for your degree should be included. Courses taken for recreation or personal use will not be listed on the Plan of Study. Note that dissertation hours are not included on the form as coursework.
- The list of courses completed for the degree must total at least the required 48 hours of coursework, not including dissertation hours. Finance major coursework must total 36 units to meet The UA Graduate College requirements.
The five Economics courses required in the first year of study should be listed as "Coursework for the Minor." All other coursework will be listed as "Coursework for the Major," unless you are electing to complete enough credits for a second minor. Dissertation hours are not included on the form.
- After entering the information requested, "Generating the Plan," print a copy and submit for signatures. If changes need to be made, you can reaccess your plan at any time, enter revisions to the information and then reprint the plan. Professor Lamoureux will sign as Major Advisor if you have not yet selected an advisor. The Director, Graduate Programs, Finance Department will obtain signatures from the Economics Department Graduate Advisor.
For more information, please contact us.